Reply Email Mining Webinar Recap: Boston Marketo User Group
March 6, 2018 5:45:59 PM | By Matt Benati
Last week, I had the opportunity to be the panelist for a webinar hosted by the Boston Marketo User Group on the topic of reply email mining. Needless to say, I was more than happy to share my passion on the subject to demonstrate the significant customer insight that marketers can find in reply emails.
In the webinar, I discuss how campaign reply emails generate actionable information, including sales trigger events, contact-enriching data, and net new contacts. I discuss the types of replies, the data they provide, and the best practices for leveraging the results. Along the way we also explore some very compelling use cases before answering questions from attendees at the end.
You can listen to the complete webinar here. In the meantime, here is a quick recap of what you can expect to learn:
- My personal marketing background and the awareness that reply emails contained highly-valuable, actionable intelligence that could be leveraged on both a tactical and strategic level — if only they could be efficiently mined.
- The problem with bad data and the decay rates that B2Bs experience with their records.
- Typical email marketing data flow vs. new data flow once reply emails are mined.
- Key benefits of email mining.
- Types of reply emails and specific tactical and strategic ways to leverage the intelligence they contain:
- Left-The-Company – How to get a 6-12 month timing advantage and win the deal 74% of the time.
- Change of Email – How to identify and leverage merger & acquisition or rebranding activity.
- Out-Of-Office – How to increase connect rates, enrich existing records, and add net new leads.
- Personal Replies – How to quickly respond to personal messages to increase engagement and rapport.
- Sender Verification – How to flag and quickly act on requirements from corporate spam filters to improve your sender reputation and email deliverability rates.
- Unsubscribes – How to catch manual unsubscribes so you stay compliant with CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR regulations.
- The value that email mining adds to an organization’s sales and marketing operations.
- How automation adds even more value by replacing the manual email mining process with an AI automated solution, freeing up valuable resources.
- Questions from attendees answered:
- How can email mining help an organization stay compliant with GDPR?
- What percentage of a database can be maintained with reply emails?
- How many new contacts can be gained from reply emails?
Marketing Rockstar Guide Interview With LeadGnome
Hungry for even more about the burgeoning world of reply email mining? Head on over to Marketing Rockstar Guides and check out my interview with Marketing Technologist, Josh Hill. We go even more in-depth with the philosophies behind email mining and what organizations are wanting to accomplish when seeking out an automated solution. With GDPR regulations quickly approaching, we also discuss how email mining is part of an ethical permission-based marketing strategy, best practices for using email mining to stay compliant with email spam laws, and how customers can best leverage their LeadGnome data within their existing marketing automation platform.
If you’d like to find out more about reply email mining, check out our free eBook: Transformative B2B Demand Generation. It features examples of the most popular email replies, the types of sales intelligence that can be uncovered in them, and exactly how to apply that information to boost your sales.