Video: 5 Ways to Beat the Competition with Trigger Event Selling and Account Based Marketing
May 16, 2016 5:23:39 AM | By Matt Benati
5 Ways to Beat the Competition with Trigger Event Selling and Account Based Marketing
- Identify trigger events well before the competition – first in wins 74% of the time
- Re-engage your original customer at their new role/company
- Sell to your new primary contact at the original account
- Follow the person replaced by your original customer and solve their new challenges
- Redefine the problem/need and redesign the solution to ensure greater success closing business
“First in wins,” says Craig Elias, creator of the Trigger Event Selling methodology and author of SHIFT! Harness The Trigger Events That TURN PROSPECTS INTO CUSTOMERS.
The data shows that being first to capitalize on a trigger event – a change within the organization – results in winning the sale 74% of the time. That’s a huge competitive advantage. By tracking all reply emails and identifying critical changes, like when a person leaves the company, you can gain a significant time advantage over your competitors.