Want To Boost Your ABM Strategy? Then You Don’t Want To Miss The #FlipMyFunnel Conference In Boston This August!
June 27, 2016 12:53:59 PM | By Matt Benati
As a martech company that supports B2B Sales and Marketing departments, we often talk about the importance of Account Based Marketing (ABM). That’s why we’re so excited about the #FlipMyFunnel B2B Marketing and Sales Conference coming to Boston (our home town!) later this summer.
Are you excited? You should be! Here’s why.
The #FlipMyFunnel Revolution
Whether you’re just dipping your toes into the ABM waters, or a seasoned pro, it’s hard to deny the impact of one of the great pioneers of the ABM movement, Sanjram Vajre, and his #FlipMyFunnel revolution.
Frustrated with the traditional inbound, lead-based sales and marketing funnel that, “starts with an untargeted, broad approach with one primary goal: to capture as many leads as possible at the top and drop them in the sea of email communication,” Vajre was inspired to find a way to focus on the concept of “customer experience” instead.
The solution? He flipped his funnel, literally! The result was precisely what he was looking for to build his customer experience martech stack, and the concept laid the foundation for the Account Based Marketing strategies we know today:
How A Flipped Funnel Is The Basis For ABM
The traditional funnel starts with awareness – anyone and everyone you can get to notice you is a potential lead. Through untargeted marketing campaigns, you hope to get a few bites; those interested leads then move down the funnel. It’s only then, when the leads begin considering your product or service that Sales is looped in and the more personal communication starts. Finally — hopefully — all your hard work and marketing dollars pay off with a sale. Jon Miller calls this lead based marketing strategy, “fishing with a net.”
But what if you could start at the bottom – find and reach out to those organizations that you already know will buy from you? Align your Sales and Marketing teams to focus on specific accounts and actually drive revenue, not leads?
That’s precisely what Account Based Marketing aims to do. By flipping your funnel, your process looks more like this:
- Identify your “best fit” customers, first. These are customers who fit the criteria of your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP). Once you’ve identified this set of target accounts, there is no reason to spend money trying to get in front of anyone else.
- Expand within your accounts. This tends to be one of the more challenging aspects of ABM, particularly for marketing teams transitioning from a lead-based model.
- Engage leads with the type of content they need, on the platforms they’re already using. Just be sure to segment your leads and create highly-personalized messaging based on personas and where they are in the sales cycle.
- Advocates for your brand will continue to buy from you, and maintaining relationships with current customers is far cheaper than bringing in new ones.
Jon Miller calls this Account Based Marketing strategy, “fishing with a spear.”
LeadGnome Delivers Account Based Intelligence To Expand Account Reach
We’re one of the few martech companies providing solutions for the “Expand” part of the ABM funnel. Our automated web service is unique in its ability to mine email campaign replies, collecting valuable Account Based Intelligence. The result? Your database is automatically updated, new contacts are added, existing leads are enhanced, and your team is alerted to important account changes — oftentimes before any of your competitors!
Successful expansion within accounts involves:
- Increasing account reach – expanding within accounts by using Account Based Intelligence (ABI) to discover new decision makers and influencers, and enhance existing leads. In today’s B2B buying world, it takes an average of 5.4 people to make a purchasing decision. Do you know who those people are?
- Uncovering trigger events – These are big changes within your accounts (think “Left the Company” or “Changed Position” events) that open an opportunity for Sales to be the first one in and win the deal. Identifying trigger events early is key!
- Preventing database decay – A successful ABM strategy is highly dependent on maintaining an updated database of relevant contacts, yet up to 25% of B2B databases contain critical errors. Don’t let your contacts become “rotten apples.”
Ready To Flip YOUR Funnel? Get 50% Off The FMF Boston Conference
If you’re ready to learn more about launching an ABM strategy, accelerating your pipeline and growing revenue, you don’t want to miss the #FlipMyFunnel conference this summer in Boston! It’s a full day of learning from and networking with world-class thought leaders and practitioners like:
Trish Bertuzzi – CEO of The Bridge Group
Over the last two decades, Trish has promoted inside sales as a community, profession, and engine for revenue growth. In the process, The Bridge Group has worked with over 200 B2B technology clients to build, expand, and optimize their inside sales efforts.
Through a combination of hard work and timing, Trish and her team’s research and ideas have been featured on Inc.com, in Forbes, by associations like SLMA and AA-ISP, and across more than 68 sites in the sales and marketing world.
Jon Miller – CEO & Co-Founder of Engagio
Jon is a marketing entrepreneur and thought leader who is currently the CEO and co-founder of Engagio, an “all-in-one” platform for account based marketing. Previously, Jon was a co-founder at Marketo (Nasdaq:MKTO), a leader in marketing automation.
He’s a thought leader and evangelist with previous speaking engagements at conferences including Dreamforce, MarketingProfs B2B, Marketing Operations Executive Summit, OMS, and the Marketing Nation Summit. He’s also a prolific writer, authoring numerous blogs and Ebooks including the Complete and Clear Guide to Account Based Marketing and the Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation.
Vala Afshar – Chief Evangelist at Salesforce
Vala contributes weekly technology, business and leadership articles to Huffington Post, INC Magazine, and other publications. He also hosts a weekly video show (https://www.cxotalk.com/) with the top business executives in the world covering the topics of digital business transformation – digital marketing, information technology, and the changing role of CIOs, CMOs and CDOs.
Craig Rosenberg – Co-Founder & Chief Analyst at TOPO
Craig helps B2B companies grow revenue by enabling sales, marketing, and sales development excellence. His company, TOPO, is an analyst firm that helps sales and marketing organizations achieve scalable revenue growth. They collect data from the world’s fastest growing companies to see exactly what they are doing to drive exceptional revenue growth. This “high growth dataset” informs everything they do for their customers – research and advisory; custom playbooks; and events. TOPO currently supports over 200 companies, ranging from the largest technology companies in the world to early stage startups.
Join Your Fellow Marketers (Promo Codes Below)
Get all the details and register for the FlipMyFunnel conference here, and for a limited time you can use code LEADGNOME50 for 50% off!
While 50% off is nice, wouldn’t FREE be better? We want to know why YOU want to attend the #FlipMyFunnel conference. Comment below and tell us why, then go to our Contact page, complete the form, and enter “FREE FMF” in the “Message” box for a chance to win a free ticket ($250 value)! Comment and complete form by July 1 to be in the running for the FREE ticket.